Some disturbing data about the children of Nigeria:
- 80 deaths per 1000 live births.
- 45% of children under 5 years of age are malnourished.
- Only 20% of children have access to immunization.
- The threat of tuberculosis and other controllable diseases is huge.
- 20% of children die before age 5 from preventable diseases such as malaria.
- The life expectancy is 53 years.
In terms of the condition of children, here are some links that may be of interest:
To find out more about Nigeria in general, you can use the following links: